Our technology plays a key role in connecting travellers to the travel ecosystem. This is reflected in our growth outlined in the Amadeus Global Report 2016.
Multimodal trips: a distribution opportunity
Multimodality is an opportunity to expand and bring more collaboration to the travel industry and your travellers are looking for a seamless travel experience. Extending your product range is key for customer satisfaction. That is why we integrate multiple providers' content. Making possible to display air and rail in one single screen. Now you and your traveller can quickly compare different travel options.
Rail shaping the future of travel
With 90 railways worldwide distributed and over 200 dedicated rail experts, helped us to reach the 2016 key milestones:
- The AccesRail partnership extension, an IATA travel partner and content aggregator specialising in international travel
- Amadeus’ Air-Rail Display, is helping travel agents to book 18 rail and bus operators across 26 countries on the same screen as air travel
- RENFE distributes now its rail content to our subscribers globally. We handle now the whole travel agency settlement flow
- Rail Display is now available in France and Sweden, our flagship rail solution for travel sellers
- Amadeus rail merchant model with DB, SNCF, RENFE and Trenitalia, is now available in Central Eastern European countries. Facilitating international rail sales for travel agencies
Advising European policy initiatives
We participate in policy initiatives, helping to reduce the European travel complexity. Last year, we supported two seamless multimodal projects in rail: Shift2Rail and IT2Rail.
Lastly, the Amadeus-led All Ways Travelling consortium, comprised BeNe Rail, IATA, Thales, UNIFE and Zeppelin University, was successfully delivered. The goal of this European Commission project is to develop a multimodal European, passenger transport information and booking system.
Download now the Amadeus Global Report 2016: