The Amadeus Rail team has recently returned from Brussels following this year’s Rail Revenue Europe event. Now in its fourth year, the event drew many of Europe’s leading rail operators to explore new ways to optimise rail ticketing, rail distribution systems and revenue management in the rail industry. Lastly, to attract new passengers and grow market share.
Thomas Drexler, was on stage on Day 2 presenting a keynote on ‘Rethinking your rail IT strategy’. Addressing a packed room, Tom shared insights about our partnership with BeNe Rail and explained what the rail community model really is about:
- A third-party IT expert develops and hosts applications for several railways to share
- All members to benefit from synergies and scale economies
- All members have access to the same levels of functionality, even though customized modules outside community can easily be added
- Enables continuous innovation unachievable alone
Outsourcing your rail IT systems: the benefits
After further elaborating on the business challenges BeNe Rail is currently facing, Tom explained how, in the future, the key modules of Amadeus RAILyourWAY will be completed and the step-by-step migration of BeNe Rail to the community platform.
To conclude, Tom summarized the expected benefits for BeNe Rail from outsourcing into Amadeus’ Rail IT community:
- Closer integration with air travel schedules to improve competition and simplify collaboration
- More effective competition with car and bus
- Better connection to pan-European rail market and other travel services
- Lower average fee per segment booked
- Improved ratio of fixed vs. variable costs
Improved operational performance
- Better inventory management
- Simpler, more transparent processes
Improved customer satisfaction
- Better availability, stability
- Continuous innovation to meet customer expectations
Would you like to know more about the partnership with BeNe Rail? Download the case study now!
BENE RAIL INTERNATIONAL PARTNERS WITH AMADEUS AND JOINS A NEW COMMUNITY IT PLATFORM FOR RAILWAYS