Competition and a liberalised market are changing railways distribution strategies, towards a more customer centric approach. But which are the technology trends that are shaping the rail industry?
With many new technologies available, this opens numerous opportunities for you to attract new customers, win loyalty and make rail travel a better experience.
We made a deep dive into several travel technology trends and selected the most relevant ones for you, and analysing what they really mean for business. Some of those trends have been talked about a lot, some are yet to really take off, but all of them are important to consider when trying to make rail travellers happier:
- Mobile-centric web: mobile is becoming the primary platform for travel
- App-mania: mobile travel activity will become increasingly app focused
- Instant messaging craze: WeChat overtaking social media in Asia
Multi device: hyper-connected travellers
- Cross-channel: anytime, anywhere, any channel…
- Omni-channel: Connected TV/Watch and Google Glass to be included in retailers’ cross-channel strategy
- Sharing economy: sharing instead of owning
- Photos and videos: travellers want a well-informed idea of the trip experience
Meta search& predictive search: the key to travel distribution is search
- Multi-modal & one-stop-shop: shop and book in one place
- New payment methods: payment on the go
Find additional information on those trends and a recommendation what steps to take in our presentation: